Thursday, September 3, 2009

Windy world

Well the main thing on my mind at the moment is the wind. Mostly how to create more shelter from the wind, so my garden can grow and it will be more pleasant to be out in it. I have trees growing very slowly, luckly the two sides that are the most windy,wont block the sun when the trees get taller. But anyway, the plan now is to section the garden off into smaller areas with lower wind breaks. There is a tree that has branches that I call "the witchy poo tree" because the branches are all crinkly. There is a lot of it down at the green waste at the mo, and I think it would make great wind breaks if I make low fences out of it. Some days it's really sunny here, and warm out of the wind, but cold and unpleasant in the wind. I want my garden to be just as inviting on windy days, so that I want to spend more time in it.

MUST PLANT MY SEEDS TODAY!!!!!! spring is here, have packets and packets of mostly vege seeds, plus a few flowers, and watermelon. will put some seed trays on my veranda where it's warm and sheltered.

daffodil photos soon....(hope there are still some left by the time I get around to it :-)

2 comments:

James David said...

ohh..
you mean your daffodils had already bloomed.
It must be lovely!!!

anjilala said...

yes they have !! keep forgetting to take photos.