Saturday, December 29, 2007

Me and my Alligator...


I spent much of yesterday...at least the time I had available before I had to go to work :-( , trying out my new Christmas prezzie to myself.

In the past I've spent many hours, days, weeks and months trying to tame this box thorn hedge. It was put in by as the ill conceived idea by a previous owner of my little house. Box thorn hedges are great for keeping cattle in, a cheap form of fencing for farmers, but are potentially lethal for humans and shouldnt be anywhere near a house. Their long box thorns are known for embedding themselves in human skin and then causing some serious infections. I want that hedge gone!! and to be replaced by a much more human friendly fejoa and olive hedge, to act as shelter for less wind tolerant fruit trees. Anyway this is the hedge in its unpruned state:

No comments: