Thursday, July 9, 2009

New life on the farm

I'm expecting to find more baby guinea pigs in the morning, tried to look in the hutch but the guinea pigs were all huddled together protectively, and I didnt want to disturb them. The females seem to work together to look after the young, and all mother any new ones. was sad to lose 2 of the other three babies, the cage is now more secure so the little ones can't escape. Anyway after this lot, I'll try to avoid any more pregnancies for a while. The males have finally settled in well together and share their sleeping box, and the females will stay together, and the babies will be seperated into sexes when they are older.

After from that, I've been preparing to plant veges, planted a few more daffodils, and will start some seed trays next. Bought some chia seed, a highly nutricious seed that can be used in bread. same plant and similar nutrients to salba.

going to plant them so I can harvest my own seeds to use in bread. My friend Suzanna makes the best bread ever, so i'll get her to make some for me.

Definitely due for some more photo's soon.

No comments: